Thursday, September 29, 2011
Sally Morgan: the psychic who didn't see this row coming
I WENT to one of Sally Morgan's psychic shows about 18 months' ago, and it was a bizarre experience.
Sally, known as Princess Diana's confidante who she spoke to every day over four years when she was alive, and dubbed "Britain's best-loved psychic" is currently wading through a furore she didn't foresee.
The 60-year-old was accused after a recent show in Dublin of being fed information from the back of the auditorium. According to one audience member, known as Sue: "When the second half started, we could clearly hear a man's voice coming from the window behind us.
"Everything he said, the psychic would say ten seconds later. It was if she was having the information relayed to her."
Suddenly the whole psychic world has come under scrutiny, although Sally has straight-batted the claims by insisting: "I totally respect cynics and sceptics, as if we don't ask questions we don't get answers. However, I will not stand by and be accused of fraudulent behaviour, from inaccurate sources of information It's completely and utterly balderdash."
Crikey! I've not heard the word 'balderdash' used for a while.
Go onto the Sally Morgan website and here's what I wrote at the time: www.sallymorgan.tv/medium-rare-review-sally-morgan-wyvern-theatre-swindon/
I thought it was a great show, but it was very different and, at times, puzzling.
Sally is a popular woman. She's often on TV and her gruelling roadshows are a sell-out. Do I believe in psychics? I don't know.
In this instance, I don't understand how Sally could have gained much inside information from being fed by a spotter at the back of the auditorium. How could she possibly learn about the complicated family circumstances of each and every audience member?
And if Sally's act was a sham, she would need to have balls of steel to go on stage for a couple of hours each night to connect with so many people who she has not met and try by clever association to present herself as an incisive psychic.
At the Swindon show, she connected with dozens of people - including a couple by photographs which they had let. There were two suicides, a couple of fatal accidents and even a murder among the spirits coming through the traffic from the Other Side.
Sally Morgan is a lady of many voices as she relays the thoughts and words of the spirits.
Once she spoke to an attractive lady who had a message from her grandmother. The audience watches the exchange from a big screen on the stage beaming the image of Sally's latest connection. Sometimes she strikes lucky, other times she is way off beam blaming that someone in the audience has intercepted a message meant not for them.
With this lady, the exchange was pretty good, talking about an illness she recently had, and about her family. Sat next to this lady was a striking man who Sally asked about. The predominatly female audience thought the guy was gorgeous and cooed when Sally spotted him and his image was beamed on the screen. "Is that your boyfriend, your husband maybe?" asked Sally coyly. "Not, it's my brother!" she replied.
So, if you are being cynical, why did the grandmother not have any words to say to both her grandson and granddaughter?
It was clear to see how much impact some of the connections had on the audience. It was very moving, and yet Sally moved on from one to the next. I felt that must have been very difficult to have one moment been on a spiritual phone connected to a loved one, and then suddenly cut off and left cold.
The funniest moment was when what could be described as a rough-looking woman picked up a message from Sally. It was from her former husband who had died in a motorcycle crash. The woman complete with dyed hair, nose ring and mouth like a sewer, was pretty hacked off with her ex for dying suddenly and leaving her in the lurch.
Sally always ends the connection with warm words of parting along the lines of "Danny wants me to tell you that he misses you, he loves you dearly, cherishes the times you shared, and watches over you."
Sewer woman, without missing a beat, answered back: "I bloody well 'ope not, not in the bedroom where I'm shagging my new man most nights!"
Psychics, you've got to love 'em!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.