![]() |
| I know I didn't put down the toilet seat, but there's no need to go on! |
So I've finally got round to writing a blog and you know what, I don't know what the hell a blog is. I understand Twitter but refuse to become a slave to the 140 character discipline. Who on earth wants to know what I've had for breakfast, what dull meeting I've just sat through or about the pigeons using my office window as target practice?
Get a life people, although I read that men are better Twitterers (?!) than women because the blokes apparently have fewer words in their vocabulary and are therefore more concise. Studies - and which saddos actually spend their dull days researching this stuff? - show that men have about a quarter to a third the number of words in their verbal arsenal compared to the fairer sex. What a load of rollocks!
Anyway, for years I have written a column in various newspapers under the title of "Passing Shots", although it has a different title in the local piles clinic. Witty at times, tedious in places, it passes the time of day for some readers and has kept me in a job.
So, this is my column, this is my blog. How often will I write? That depends on whether I can fix the TV. But if you're bored, then hang around for the ride!

Nice one. This is a really good idea.
ReplyDeleteI reckon you have yoghurt and a banana for breakfast. Keep up the good work...Mark
ReplyDeleteAbout time you had a blog Mr K.
ReplyDeleteI recon you go for a run before breakfast and then when you come back you have a big mug of tea, bacon sarnies and bourbon biscuits for dunking !
I shall read your blog with interest, and hope that you post something every day.
LB ;-)